In this video we explain the options PLA folders provide to help you configure your database.
- The content and configuration of this database resemble the tutorial database after completion of all steps in the 'Folder Properties' video
- The database has all folder property configurations, documents, and templates you create over the course of the video
- Response values used in the tutorial example
About this database
Two users are set up in the database:
- The 'Administrator' has all permissions
- The 'Associate research scientist' has some permissions to work with documents in the '...Example' folder
The password for both users is empty.
This database is for testing purposes only - do not use it in production environments!
Connecting to the database
- In the Login window, click Tools.
- From the drop-down list, select Database management.
- In the PLA Database Management dialog, click Add...
- In the Database connection management wizard, select the Standard mode option and click Next >.
- Select Connect to existing database. Then, from the Type drop-down list select SQLite and click Next >.
- In the Properties table, click the tutorial database entry in the Value column to display an ellipsis button which allows you to navigate to the database file.
- In the file selection dialog, select the database file Tutorial database - Folder Properties.s3db and confirm the dialog.
- Click Finish.
- In the PLA Database Management dialog, click Connect.
- In the Login window, log in as Administrator or Associate Research Scientist with an empty password.